Friday 28 May 2010

U LIKE?

I've never felt 100% comfotable playing 'What u Like'.

Memory Jog:



When I played it at my daytime DJ slot at Topman, an angry man stalked towards me and hissed 'there are children in here'



My Mom came over one Sunday night and I was banging out the Major Lazer album... (standard Sunday evening) ... Lets just say she said the same thing about 'What U Like' as she said about the 'difficult' scenes in Lynch's 'Blue Velvet'

And yet, I've never been more comfortable listening to anything in relation to its surroundings as I did listening to 'What U Like' at the Major Lazer in the Village Underground.

Huge warehouse: check
Huge PA: check
Huge crowd: check
Huge party vibes: check
Huge cocks: check (if you get me... sorry Mom, thank you Slutever)


A very dubstep heavy set, Major Lazer was all about the PARTY. Two dancers, a ladder, blow up lazers and Ace of Bases' 'All that She Wants' featured. I did spend part of the show worrying for the safety of the two dancers who were daggering on giant speakers. But I was enjoying the immense Mash Up of Major Lazer to care too much. I realised more than ever before that Pon De Floor truly is a modern day classic. No question. The infectious beat is so good, they played it twice.

Apart from sweating as much as I imagine Peter Kay sweats on a day to day basis... It truly was an absolute Hoot.

My only regret: I wasnt right at the front #pussy #deadinside

I'm going to leave you guys with a quote:

Diplo "Errrr waking up on a flight witha giant boner is not as cool as it sounds"

MAJOR LAZER I LOVE YOU.



c.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment