Monday 29 March 2010

CONK

Entering a large empty room with a collection of 'rude boi's' in one corner made the ordeal of my first EVER interview even worse. Picture me, walking down to meet Tinie knees wobbling as much as Misha Barton's cellulite, thinking to myself 'play it coool... MAN he's hot.'

Photobucket

Here's what happened:

Hey Patrick (I did my research)

It's Tinie

Tinie Patrick?

Nah, just Tinie

(Told me)

Then something along the lines of this:

How did you become part of this exhibition?
Chris’s people and The Tate got in touch with me. They gave me a couple of books to read up on about where Chris has come from and that, and then invited me down to see the exhibition. Obviously I’d read about the No Woman No Cry picture and then I got to see it. What happened to Stephen Lawrence was a big thing in our community and the whole country. Then I wrote a free style about it.

How does it feel to be number one?
It feels good. I’m just happy that the track has touched so many people who have felt the need to go out and buy it,

Even though ‘Wifey’ was number one in the urban charts for ten weeks?
Yeah you kind of notice the differences in how much it affects the public. When Wifey was in the charts I’d go to certain places and there’d be pandemonium. But now it’s in the national charts you go everywhere and everyone’s really reacting to the track on a word for word background.

You’ve come from a kind of underground background, do you think you’ve sold out a bit signing to a major?
No! Never. Never at all.

Are you working on your album now?
Yes, it’s called The Discovery. I’m working on it with several producers – Labyrinth, who worked on Pass Out has a couple of tracks on there. Expect the unexpected, I’m definitely going to try and get some other people on there.

How many G-shock watches do you really have?
A million…hahah!
(he's probably got a special wardrobe for them, IN HIS AUNTS HOUSE)

Photobucket



Interview called to a halt, Tinie had to get on stage. Hanna (my big sis, arranger of interview) comes over slaps me on the back and says 'Well done', beams at Tinie and says 'Aw, that was her first ever interview.' I was as red as that G-shock.

Tinie 'Aw, I could tell you were nervous, *like talking to a small child* how old are you *would you like a lolly face*'

Me '19. WHY, HOW OLD ARE YOU?'

Tinie '21'

We could so work.

Photobucket


I could even be his




OK THAT WAS ONE OBVIOUS.

c.x

No comments:

Post a Comment