Tuesday 31 March 2009

REMINISCE

Christian and I weren't working out.
I actually can't handle being single.

Photobucket

Mood: Tiresome
To do: Reminisce

Free time isn't always good. Right now, I'm sitting in my room eagerly awaiting for my 15.40 opticians appointment to come.

WOW. What a life.


Although, what HAS happened today, which really has been SUPER exciting, is that i received my little 'dongle'. No... this isn't a retarded dildo for single ladies. It's the internet in a stick. YES! A little stick of internet. This means I can browse the web whilst doing the following things:

1) Harassing neighbours' cats because I'm not responsible enough to have my own
2) Polishing my taxidermy: shark in a jar, crocodile's head, chicken foot
3) Eating jacket potato, cheese and beans in my favourite cafe: Cafe Open (aka Ian Beale's toilet)

What is worrying me though, is that I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't join Twitter. My lack of Twitter, (which I hear is the latest craze! Obama and Lynch are LOVIN' it) is making me feel like I'm missing out on something really important. Like when you nap during the day and wake up and its all dark and you feel all funny because the apocalypse and been and gone and YOU missed out.

But... I read an article about a website called Affluence.org. They describe it as 'facebook for the filthy rich'. You can only join Affluence if you can prove you have a net worth of £2million or an annual income of £214,000... SO, basically, I'm restraining my cyber cravings for the day I become a millionaire. As an old friend once told me, "I won't be one of the hangers on unless I have ACHIEVED something." Wise words. Truly wise words.

But yeah... my favourite thing about Affluence is that instead of 'poking' people, you send them a 'hand shake'. Maybe, one day, when I'm not a dirty commoner, I'll be able to smile broadly and give someone a 'hand shake', instead of my usual spit and poke.

Photobucket


Spending this quality time with myself has allowed me to moisten my musical flannel and review some TUNES.
My most played TUNE this week is definitely: The Big Pink, Velvet. I literally can't get enough.
Followed by a classic that was buried between 'Sugarbabes' and 'Tahnee and Cherish' in my itunes: System of a Down, Chop Suey. Daron Malakian and Serj Tankian=amazing. Now, thats Achievement.


For your enjoyment.
Have a little sing along, you know you want to.

c.xx




3 comments:

  1. You should avoid Twitter if you're not signed up already. I'm made an effort to stay off...it's just another social networking obligation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chop suey reminds me of being 16 and jumping around in metal clubs, whereas velvet reminds me of newcastle. what an emo comment.

    ReplyDelete